More than 100 companies looking to fill full- and part-time positions, as well as offer internship opportunities, will be on campus during the events. Participants will have the opportunity to speak with employers and apply for current openings.
The final campus career fair is slated for the Florissant Valley campus on Wednesday, March 29, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Center, 3400 Pershall Road.
An STLCC Student Internship Expo will be conducted Tuesday, March 28, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the college’s Wildwood campus, 2645 Generations Drive. During this event, students will have the opportunity to get their resume in the hands of prospective employers who are seeking to hire interns.
Both events are free. The career fair is open to the public, while the Internship Expo is open to all STLCC students.
For more information on the career fair, call 314-984-7611 or email CES@stlcc.edu.
For more information on the internship expo, call 636-422-2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Fair Tips
- Request a list of employers recruiting at the career fair and begin researching positions they are seeking so you can tailor your resume to fit each employer’s needs. Having a list prior to attending the career fair also ensures that you are able to plan which tables to visit.
- Come prepared to distribute resumes by bringing at least 30 copies. Some employers will not accept hard copy resumes and will direct potential employees to apply online.
- Develop a 20- to 30-second “elevator speech” about yourself.
- Wear professional clothing such as collared shirts, a tie, slacks and jacket for men. Ladies should wear a suit, skirt, blouse or slacks.
- Be respectful of recruiters’ space and maintain confident nonverbal communication. This includes making frequent eye contact, and having a friendly demeanor and a firm handshake.
- Be organized. Bring a portfolio, notepad and pen.
- Prepare three to four questions to ask employers.
- Ask for a business card from employers and send a “thank you” note within 24 hours if you received any special information.