St. Louis Community College’s Workforce Solutions Group will present the 2017 State of St. Louis Workforce Report 7:30-10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9, in the Mildred E. Bastian Center for the Performing Arts at STLCC’s Forest Park campus, 5600 Oakland Ave.
The conversation will focus on the importance of middle-skill jobs in the regional economy. Real-time labor market data and the results of a regional survey of 1,079 employers also will be presented and discussed.
Networking and continental breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m., and the program follows at 8 a.m. Breakout sessions on apprenticeships, life sciences, and information technology will follow the presentation and panel discussion.
The keynote speaker will be Stuart Andreason, Director of Workforce Development at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s Center for Human Capital Studies. He also will be a panelist.
The report will be presented by Alan Spell, Research Manager for the Missouri Department of Economic Development.
In addition to Andreason, panelists will be:
- Brooke DeRenzis, State Network Director, National Skills Coalition
- Adrienne Dawson, Head of Customer Service, MilliporeSigma
- John Gaal, Ed.D., director of Training and Workforce Development, STL-KC Carpenters Regional Council
- Crystal Martin, CoderGirl Program Director, LaunchCode
- Jeff Pittman, Ph.D., Chancellor, St. Louis Community College (panel moderator)
Admission is free, but reservations are requested.
To RSVP online, click here.