St. Louis Community College is partnering with St. Louis Family Violence Council agencies to offer special forums for staff, faculty and students designed to raise awareness about sexual violence, as well as initiate discussion about risk reduction, responses to lessen the impact of trauma on survivors and those who are close to them, and develop prevention strategies aimed at creating long-term solutions to sexual violence.
Attendees also will learn about the services and resources available to them both on and off campus that they can use for themselves or to help a friend or family member who has been the victim of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking.
The schedule of the addresses and panel discussions is as follows:
- Forest Park — April 6, noon, Student Center Cafeteria
- Meramec — April 8, noon, Student Center Cafeteria
- South County Education and University Center — April 14, noon, Multipurpose Room
- William J. Harrison Education Center — April 15, noon, Multipurpose Room
- Florissant Valley — April 21, 9:30 a.m., Student Center Multipurpose Room
- Wildwood — April 22, noon, Multipurpose Room Side A
A special session also will be conducted at the STLCC Board of Trustees meeting on Thursday, April 23, at the Florissant Valley campus. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the Student Center Multipurpose Room.
For more information, contact Bill Woodward, STLCC’s associate vice chancellor for student affairs, at email@example.com.